Welcome to MyService
Here are the main changes in the latest release:
- Now you can send monthly reports via email.
- Fixed the problem when some data was not imported from the backups.
- Fixed the problem when settings were sometimes not saved.
- Minor visual improvements in the reports windows.
After doing some thinking I have decided to stop development of the desktop app (the one that runs on Windows, OS X, and Linux). Here are the primary reasons for this decision:
- I have very little time for this and would like to give priority to other activities.
- Considering the popularity and wide availability of smartphones and tablets, the desktop app is becoming a "dinosaur". It is so much easier to just record your ministry data using the device in your pocket, instead of going home first, starting your home computer, and trying to remember what you did during the day.
So, from now on I will only focus on the Android app. I have plans to completely rework the UI; let's see how it goes.
If you feel like taking over the MyService desktop project, please contact me so that we can discuss the details!
Finally I had some time to work on the Android app again. The new release contains the following changes:
- The Ministry Details window is reworked to be more user friendly.
- Persons, publications, and territories can now be archived. This means that they will not be shown in lists unless you have selected the Display archived items option in settings. Archiving of persons replaces the Inactive person status.
- Fixed the bug in the ministry timer, which reset the time in certain cases when the screen was rotated.
Make sure you upgrade the desktop app to the latest version if you want to sync data with the new Android app release!
You may have noticed that I removed the donations part from the website. This is because you have kindly donated enough for me to keep the site running and keep paying for the website hosting services for many years.
Thank you all for the support you have shown!
This release restores the ability to install MyService on Windows using a setup program. I am sorry for the inconveniences the previous release (delivered as a ZIP file) caused to some of you!
Also, now the desktop version works in the same way as the Android app in terms of counting Bible students in reports. So, from now on both app versions count any person as a Bible student if at least one visit marked as a Bible study was made to that person in the particular month, regardless of the person's status.
And one small addition - there is now a button on every report window that allows you to copy the entire report text to the system's clipboard. This should simplify pasting the report text into text editors and other apps.
Read older news
Copyright © Juris Olekss. All rights reserved.